Gain a CPD acreditated certificate with this course.
The course is designed for beginners to lean; the aim of this course is to create a foundation for you to build on. It is important to understand the origins for any process, this does not exclude Lean.
Firstly we will transport you back in time to one for the pinnacle moments in the creation of lean, as we move forward in time we will meet the pioneers and explain their role in the development of this fantastic process.
We will then take a look at the five principles of all lean theories; these principles guide all the other lean processes and tools and should not be ignored, again in each section we will explain why, how and summarise.
We will look at:
- Lean history and the pioneers
- What are the 5 principles
- Understand our customer
- Look at workflow
- Brief look at waste removal
- Understand demand planning
This course has a depth of information and will give you a great foundation and insight into how lean was created along with its 5 principle’s. The techniques are not just limited to a lean transformation but will assist in all areas of life.
At the end of this training you should be able to:
- Understand the history of lean
- Confidently explain the history of lean and its 5 principles to a 3rd party.
- Understand how to include the five principles in a lean transformation.
- Feel you have enhanced your leadership tool box
Duration 25 to 30 minutes